- Is your child anxious or fearful of going to school?
- Is your child’s behavior becoming more difficult to manage?
- Does your child/teen complain of physical aches & pains that have no medical cause?
- Is your child afraid to sleep in their own bed? Overly dependent or clingy?
- Does your teen spend too much time in his/her bedroom, isolating from friends & family?
- Is your child or teen excessively irritable, sullen or argumentative?
- Do you wish your child would talk to you more?
Unfortunately, children do not come with an instruction manual. Sometimes, knowing what to do as a parent can be a challenge. You may be hoping it’s just a normal stage. I have many years of experience specializing in child development, treating children and adolescents who are experiencing depression and/or anxiety related to school, divorce, blended family issues, or are exhibiting behavior problems in school or at home.
My goal is to assess the child’s emotional and behavior health and provide a roadmap for how kids and their parents can move beyond their struggles. I love helping parents to understand the child from the child’s perspective, develop effective communication skills, provide loving, consistent & firm discipline, and encourage a healthy sense of self in their child/teen. I encourage you to think of individual or family therapy as an effective resource not a sign of failure.